Monday, May 17, 2010

Tavern Church Music


I love John David Kent. I love his music, his heart, and his friendship. He is one of those guys that God brought into my life AND THEN QUICKLY revealed the reason. We connect. And I like to think we bring out the best in each other.

One of the best aspects of each Tavern Church service is, without a doubt, the music. It's not stuck in 1980, or 1880, and it doesn't sound like a Coldplay cover band. JDK and the Tavern Church Praise Ensemble (that's not really their name I'm just successfully trying to be hilarious) are incredible. You'd have to pay to see these guys play anywhere else. Dave Ponder, Mike Talley, Nine-digit Nate, (and lately Jason Andrew) are a local all-star band of sorts. And they're ours.

But back to JDK. His resume is ridiculous. Played Lollapalooza? Check. Been on Conan O'Brien? Check. Lunched with Madonna? Check. Been snubbed by Axl Rose at a house party? Check. Had a major label record deal? Check. Hung with Snoop Dogg? Check.

Here's a link to a clip last week of JDK and former bandmate Ben Kweller from the KHYI studios. Hopefully it'll whet your appetite for the next Tavern Church service: Sunday, May 30 at 7:45...

JDK & Ben Kweller

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I wish our church had good music like this. I'm going to have to get down there and check it out!

    ReplyDelete